Trouble reading this email? View it in your browser

STC Header Logo STC Header Logo STC Header Logo
eNews • December 11, 2014
STC Header Logo
Promoting a Cost-Effective, Reliable and Competitive Transportation System

Did You Know?

Approximately 90 percent of soybeans and grain are transported via semi-tractor trailer from the farm to the initial delivery location. The remaining 10 percent are hauled in grain wagons or straight trucks (less than 80,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight).

Source: Heavier Semi: A Good Idea? (funded by the soybean checkoff)

STC analysis monitors rail performance for 2014 harvest

STC analysis monitors rail performance for 2014 harvest

The Soy Transportation Coalition (STC) is working with the University of Minnesota on a research project, “2014 Harvest: Attaching a Garden Hose to a Fire Hydrant.” The STC on December 8th released the results from the most recent survey period of November 21 - December 5.

Click here to Read More
House approves fee increase for nation’s locks and dams

House approves fee increase for nation’s locks and dams

On December 3rd, the House of Representatives passed, by a vote of 404-17, H.R. 647, the “Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act.” The ABLE act will allow people with disabilities to establish tax exempt savings accounts to cover the costs of housing, transportation, and other expenses related to their treatment.

Click here to Read More
Obama throws cold water on prospects of gas tax hike

Obama throws cold water on prospects of gas tax hike

President Obama on December 3rd severely downplayed the chances of hiking the federal fuel tax to provide more stable surface transportation funding.

Click here to Read More
Final shipment of Panama Canal gates arrives

Final shipment of Panama Canal gates arrives

The final shipment of gates for the new locks of the expanded Panama Canal recently arrived, bringing the project that will allow for the passage of bigger vessels into its final stages.

Click here to Read More
The Soy Transportation Coalition is comprised of thirteen state soybean boards, the American Soybean Association, and the United Soybean Board. The National Grain and Feed Association and the National Oilseed Processors Association serve as ex-officio members of the organization.

Soy Transportation Coalition
1255 SW Prairie Trail Pkwy., Ankeny, Iowa 50023
Phone: (515) 727-0665 Fax (515) 251-8657
Email msteenhoek@soytransportation.org
Web www.soytransportation.org

STC Logo

Funded by the Soybean Checkoff

Click HERE to edit your Subscription Preferences.