- Average mileage haul
- Leading destinations
- Capacity per car/train
- What are Class I, Class II, and Class III railroads?
- How many short line railroads exist?
- Role of railroads in establishing standard time
- When did steam-powered locomotives go out of service?
- Why do we no longer see cabooses at the end of trains?
- What is the Highway Trust Fund?
- Gas taxes by state
- How much does the average American spend on the gas tax?
- Top ports of the world / U.S.
- Soybean exports by port region
- What is the Harbor Maintenence Trust Fund?
- What is the St. Lawrence Seaway?
- Comparison: Panama Canal and Suez Canal
- Classes of vessels
- Top container vessel lines
- Major shipbuilding countries & companies
- What are the largest ships in the world?
- What is the Jones Act?
- How long does it take to transport soybeans via ocean vessel?
- What is the difference in density between fresh water and
salt water and how does it impact ocean transportation?
- How many bushels of soybeans can a barge accommodate?
- Commodities transported
- Number of locks & dams
- What is the Inland Waterways Trust Fund?
- How long does it take to transport soybeans via barge?
- Fuel efficiency: Truck, Railroad & Barge
- Capacity: Truck, Railroad & Barge
- Soybeans transported by mode
- What is a “TEU”? An “FEU”? How many bushels can they hold?
- Grain and soybean exports by container - Top destinations
- When did containerized shipping first develop?